Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormonal blood test that helps in the detection of HCG levels in the bloodstream. During pregnancy, the HCG hormone is developed by the placenta and thus this test is performed to diagnose pregnancy.
What is Beta HCG Test its procedure and results?
Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormonal blood test that helps in the detection of HCG levels in the bloodstream. During pregnancy, the HCG hormone is developed by the placenta and thus this test is performed to diagnose pregnancy. The placenta is basically a sac that is responsible for the sustenance of the egg after it germinates and sticks to the uterine wall. First HCG can be identified in the sample of the blood for almost 11 days right after conception. After conception, the HCG extents to the peak in the time span of 8 to 11 weeks. The HCG levels will immediately carry on to be doubled every 48 to 72 hours. There are chances of positive results of the HCG blood test, right in the time of the first missed period. Beta HCG is usually referred with many names, Beta-HCG test, quantitative pregnancy blood test, quantitative serial Beta-HCG test, and other.[wbcr_php_snippet id=”3624″]
- Missed or late period (amenorrhea).
- Breast tenderness.
- Low back pain.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Lower abdominal pain.
- Pain on one side of the pelvis.
- Gastrointestinal changes (such as cramps or diarrhea).
WHY THE HCG LAB TEST IS CONDUCTED?
There are several reasons for which HCG test can be performed. Few of them are as follows:
- To confirm pregnancy.
- For the screening of Down syndrome and Trisomy 18
- To conclude the age of the fetus.
- To identify the tumors in women like Teratomas, Testicular Tumors, Ovarian Germ Cell Tumors.
- To suspect ectopic pregnancy (that is abnormal pregnancy).
- Diagnosis of potential miscarriage.
DESCRIPTION OF TEST RESULTS
QUALITATIVE BETA HCG
- When the result of the Beta HCG test is “positive”, that indicates that the women “is” pregnant.
- When the result of the Beta HCG test is “negative” that indicates that the women “is not” pregnant.
QUANTITATIVE BETA HCG
- A number is displayed as a result of the test, which means that it directs the accurate concentration of hormones in the bloodstream.
- If the hormones range above the units of 1500, the fetus can be visibly seen on transvaginal ultrasound.
- If the level reaches 4000 units or above, the fetus can similarly be visible on a trans-abdominal ultrasound scanning.
SAMPLE COLLECTION AND TEST PREPARATION
Urine is collected in the morning as a sample. For a blood test a blood sample is drawn from a vein in the arm.
While the collection of urine samples make sure that you do not drink too much water or fluid as the overly diluted urine might be the reason for false-negative result of a pregnancy test. For a blood test no preparation is needed.
If you missed your period or see any of the symptoms, feel free to perform an HCG test in Gujrat. Awami Lab Gujrat offers accurate and authentic about the level of HCG hormones in your bloodstream. Awami Lab is the best Beta HCG lab Gujrat makes sure to conduct every test in the safest and cleanest manner. We not only perform an Beta HCG test in Gujrat but also educate and provide information to every individual regarding concerned issues.
3 CC CLOTTED BLOOD OR WHOLE BLLOD IN CBC TUBE