WHAT IS A TESTOSTERONE TEST?
A testosterone test measures the levels of testosterone in the blood. Testosterone is the leading sex hormone in men. It is responsible for the development of muscles, voice deepening, and body hair growth in young boys. Whereas in adult males, testosterone controls the sexual drive, retains the muscles, and produce sperm. Testosterone is present on women too but in a very little amount. High or low levels of testosterone in both men and women can cause serious health issues.
WHICH SYMPTOMS INDICATES THE REQUIREMENT OF A TESTOSTERONE TEST?
When symptoms of low testosterone levels occur in men, a testosterone test is ordered. However, when women feel symptoms of high levels of testosterone, a testosterone test is required.
Symptoms of low testosterone levels in males are:
- Decreased sex drive
- Fertility issues
- Trouble getting an erection
- Breast tissue growth
- Hair loss
- Lesser muscle mass
- Weak bones
Symptoms of high testosterone levels in females are:
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Voice deepening
- Excessive growth of hair on face and body
- Gain in weight
- Hair loss
- Dark patches on the skin
- Swollen clitoris
HOW IS THE SAMPLE COLLECTED FOR THE TEST?
It is preferred to conduct the test early in the morning when you wake up because it is the time when testosterone levels are at highest. A blood sample is collected for the investigation of the testosterone test. The blood is drawn from a vein (usually from the arm) into a test tube. The sample collection procedure requires less than 5 minutes. The sample is then sent forward to the lab for examination.
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THE TEST RESULTS?
The result of the testosterone test differs according to gender (male, female, and boy).
TEST RESULTS FOR MALES
- HIGH TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: High testosterone levels in men indicates a tumor in the adrenal gland or the testicles.
- LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: Low testosterone levels shows a chronic disease, genetic disease, or pituitary gland issues.
TEST RESULTS FOR FEMALES
- HIGH TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: High levels of testosterone in females mean adrenal gland cancer, ovarian cancer, or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS –hormone disorder).
- LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: Extremely low levels of testosterone levels in females is an indication of Addison disease- pituitary gland disorder.
TEST RESULTS FOR BOYS
- HIGH TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: High testosterone levels show adrenal gland cancer or tumor in the testicles.
- LOW TESTOSTERONE LEVELS: Low testosterone levels indicate there might be a problem in the testicles which could be an injury too.
GET TESTED AT AWAMI LAB, GUJRAT
If the symptoms indicating the need for testosterone appear in both men and women, it is a must to conduct the test. Therefore, we encourage you to get tested for the best testosterone test in Gujrat at Awami Lab. We believe in customer satisfaction, that is why we make certain that all the test performed at the lab ensures the health safety of every patient. Along with performing the best testosterone test in Gujrat, Awami Lab educates the patients regarding their medical health profile.