A TORCH screen is a panel of tests for detecting infections in pregnant women. Infections may be passed on to a fetus during pregnancy.
WHAT IS A TORCH PROFILE TEST?
A TORCH profile is also known as the TORCH screen or TORCH panel. It is a series of test that is conducted for the diagnosis of infections in women who are pregnant. Because during pregnancy, there is a high risk of passing the infection to the baby (fetus). Therefore the doctor may perform the TORCH screen, a panel of tests to observe, diagnose, and treat the infections before the birth of a newborn and to avoid complications.
- TOXOPLASMOSIS: Toxoplasmosis is an infection that can be caused by the parasite. It is a parasite that is present in a cat stool and litter. This infection causes blindness, deafness, seizures, and mental disabilities.
- OTHER: Other includes many diseases such as:
- Chickenpox (varicella).
- Epstein-Barr virus.
- Hepatitis B and C.
- Human parvovirus.
- RUBELLA: Rubella is a viral infection that is also referred to as German measles, it may result in causing a rash. It is an infection that passes from one person to another, a mother to be infected with this virus has higher chances of passing the virus to the unborn baby. Problems like miscarriage, premature birth, complications with the heart, vision, hearing, and growth of the fetus can be caused due to Rubella infection.
- CYTOMEGALOVIRUS (CMV): It is a kind of herpes virus, which is caused due to the sexual contact or contact with body fluids with a person who is already infected with the virus. This infection causes problems in vision, hearing, and other mental disorders in the infants that would be long-term.
- HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV): HSV is caused by sexual contact with the person who is infected with this virus. This virus can be delivered to the developing fetus and cause problems like low birth weight, miscarriage, and preterm birth, sores that affect the skin, eyes, and mouth, and brain and organ damage.
If untreated, there is a high risk of transferring all of the diseases from mother to the fetus,
During pregnancy, if signs and symptoms are observed by the doctor then TORCH screen tests can be performed. It includes the following conditions:
- Intellectual disability (ID)
- Heart problems
- Low platelet levels
TEST PREPARATION AND SAMPLE COLLECTION
No special test preparation is needed for the TORCH panel tests. A blood sample is drawn from the vein of the arm.
CHOOSE AWAMI LAB FOR A TORCH PROFILE TEST
If you are pregnant and your doctor observes any of the symptoms, then it is a must to conduct the TORCH profile test in Gujrat. Awami Lab Gujrat offers accurate and authentic results about the infectious disease that will risk the health of the baby. Awami Lab is the best TORCH profile lab Gujrat that makes sure to conduct every test in the safest and cleanest manner. We not only perform the TORCH profile test in Gujrat but also educate and provide information to the mom to be regarding concerned issues.
3 CC CLOTTED BLOOD OR SERUM
6 TO 7 DAYS